More and more businesses are bringing massage into the workplace as a way to reward workers - and to increase productivity through reduced stress, neck and back pain, and headaches. Studies conducted at the University of Miami have shown increases in alertness and a lowering of stress hormone levels after short chair massage sessions.
Hospitals, insurance companies, schools, accounting firms, business offices and factories have all called upon the Art of Massage to provide chair massage to their employees in the workplace setting. People love the convenience of a ten minute chair massage, and it makes the rest of the day easier and more productive.
Sales reps and business owners - consider massage as a way to thank your clients and business partners. Call: 450 538-1111
- Chair Massage provides companies with a competitive edge by enhancing the performance & well-being of a company's most important asset - it's employees.
- Chair Massage is specifically suited to relieve stress in high-tension areas and promote a renewed sense of energy, well-being & vitality.
- Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly visits will keep your employees healthy, happy and stress-free.
- Chair Massage visits are also an effective way to ease tension and boost productivity during stressful periods or "crunch time."
- Chair Massage integrates easily into your workplace - making it easy for you to offer the healthy benefits of chair massage at your company.
Research indicates that a 15-minute chair massage results in decreased job stress, increased alertness and increased speed & accuracy on math computations.(1)
Office workers massaged regularly were more alert, performed better and were less stressed than those who weren't massaged. (1)
Up to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related complaints. (2)
Stress accounts for $26 billion in medical and disability payments and $95 billion in lost productivity per year. (2)
Over 50% of lost work days are stress related which keeps about 1 million people per day from attending work. (2)
Health care expenditures are nearly 50% greater for workers who report high levels of stress. (3)
40% of job turnover is due to stress. (4)
1. Field, Ironson, Pickens et al. (1996). Massage therapy reduces anxiety and enhances EEG pattern of alertness and math computations.International Journal of Neuroscience 86, 197-205 2.Occupational Health and Safety news and the National Council on compensation Insurance (U.S.A.) 3..Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 4. American Institute of Stress.
What is a chair massage?
A chair massage is a 15-20 minute massage that focuses on the high tension areas of the neck, back, shoulders, arms & hands.
Chair massage is performed on an ergonomically designed portable massage chair. You sit on the massage chair facing forward, with your head in a face rest.
Chair massage is especially effective at producing therapeutic results in a brief period of time by concentrating the massage on the areas of greatest tension.
How much space is needed?
Space requirements are minimal - only a small 5' x 6' area is needed for the therapist to set up their massage chair and have enough room to move around comfortably.
Do I remove my clothing?
No. During a chair massage, you remain fully clothed. At most, you may be asked to remove any jacket or obstructive jewellery during the massage.
What can I expect during an average chair massage.
During the 10, 15, 20 or 30 minute session, the therapist will focus on relieving muscle tension in your neck, shoulders, and back. If you'd like work on your arms and hands please let the massage therapist know, but keep in mind that this will mean less time on the other areas.
Will I be tired afterward?
It's easy to mistake a sense of relaxation for fatigue. In our experience, however, after a few minutes needed to "re-adjust" to the surroundings - massage recipients are more alert and focused then ever.
In fact, research has shown chair massage recipients to be even more alert than before.
Are gratuities expected?
Gratuities are not expected or necessary, however they are an excellent way to let the massage therapists know that they've done an outstanding job. If you choose to tip, the average amount is 10-20%.
Are there contraindications for chair massage?
Yes. Medical contraindications include but are not limited to: uncontrolled hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes, fractures, herniated discs, malignancy, numbness or tingling in any part of the body especially the hands and feet. Please inform your massage therapist of any acute or ongoing health conditions before the chair massage.
Chair Massage in the work place has become very popular for de-stressing the employees. Invite me into your business and I promise you will be happy you did. All your employees will thank you. Not only will they be happy that you thought of them but they will also be more productive and less stressed out.